How often have you heard comments like these? “I teach military based self-defense!” “I teach police based self-defense!” “I teach kung fu based self-defense!”
A ton, I’m sure.
How often have you ever heard a comment like this? “I will show you have to make a six-figure income from teaching self-defense.”
Never, I’m sure.
It’s not hard to find a good self-defense system. Any brown belt can teach how to get out of a headlock or a gun defense. It’s really difficult to find a good self-defense BUSINESS SYSTEM. There is a huge difference. Self-defense is much easier to teach than kata or a traditional system. But, can you make money at it?
Less than 1% of professional martial artists know how to generate six-figures annually from teaching self-defense. If you want to be part of that elite group, here are some good questions to ask any self-defense system you’re considering.
1. As the organization leader, do you make your money from teaching self-defense or do you make your money off of certifying guys like me to teach your system?
- How much focus is there on making money vs technical skills?
2. What is your background as it relates to creating income as a self-defense instructor?
- Not who you trained with. Income.
- Not what system you teach. Income.
3. How many A-Z curriculum programs do you offer?
- Active Shooter?
- Teen Safety?
- Real Estate Safety?
- Law Enforcement Self-Defense and Training?
- Self-Defense for Kids?
- Self-Defense for Adults?
- Ten Week Academies?
- How are these programs supported?
4. How are these programs supported?
- Full curriculum manuals?
- Videos of the program classes so I can model the program?
- Program-specific marketing materials?
5. How will I market my self-defense programs?
- Do you have marketing ads?
- Do you have marketing videos?
- Do you have scripts for presentations?
- Do you have an upsell strategy?
6. What kind of support can I expect?
- Do you provide Executive Coaching Videos?
- Do you provide Facebook Live Coaching Videos?
- Do you provide Phone call support?
7. Do you help me to elevate my business above the local competition?
- Do you provide a stand-alone, branded website?
- Do you have branded apparel, so I can look professional when I teach?
- Do you have branded manuals and student handouts I can provide my students?
As far as I know, there is only one self-defense system that can answer each one of these important questions with a resounding, YES! COBRA-Defense is the Official Self-Defense Business System of the Martial Arts Teachers’ Association (MATA) for a very good reason. It is proven to work.