I’m sure you’ve seen the popular TV show, Shark Tank. If not, as a martial arts school owner, you would benefit from watching it.
Imagine this. Rather than walk in front of a panel of sharks, you’re walking in front of your family and your future family tree. How would you answer these questions?
1. Why are you in the martial arts business?
2. How will that help our family to prosper?
3. Are you holding on to past methods in hopes they finally start to catch on?
4. Though we had no choice in the matter, we’re completely invested in you, tell us again how that will work?
5. How are you tuned into what the market wants rather than what you like?
6. Are you repeating the same year over-and-over or is there something new and innovative coming?
7. Why would an investor buy stock in your school?
As we wrap up 2016, it’s time to take a hard look at the reality or fantasy, of what you are doing and how it’s working.
It’s foolish to believe that one size fits all. We live in a time where the market knows more about martial arts than ever before. Are you trying to squeeze a population into a GI and belt that really just wants self-defense?