See our comprehensive library of Martial Arts School Insurance Information and Interviews.
1. Does the program’s General Liability policy include an exclusion for athletic participants? If so, it’s not the right program for martial arts school insurance.
2. Is Professional Liability included in the General Liability? It will cost more if you have to buy it separately and martial arts schools need both!
3. Is Sexual Abuse and Molestation coverage included? It is absolutely needed for martial arts school insurance. You may have to implement background checks on employees to qualify for the coverage, but that is very important and not expensive.
4. Can your martial arts school’s summer camps or after school programs be included in the General Liability coverage? You may need to complete a supplemental application but these extra programs need to be covered because they do bring more liability exposure to your school.
5. Have you discussed any other “special event” type coverage that your school might need prior to purchasing the insurance? Make sure you ask questions about your tournaments, exhibitions, demos, and any off-site activities before they take place. Always better to make sure you have martial arts school insurance coverage before an accident happens!