A Lesson in Guns for Self-Defense
Here is a live demonstration of the realities of using a gun for self-defense. NOTE: The entire Real Estate Safety Seminar is available in the MATA Store.
We see tons of security video showing someone being robbed or violently attacked.
While a self-defense expert may have some tactical comments, the knee-jerk response post from untrained people is something like, “That’s why I carry a Glock!”
I have never shot a gun*, so I have no business teaching someone how to use one. So, while I may be a white belt in gun use, Chris Sutton of COBRA-Defense is a 10th-degree black belt in firearms.
Not only does he spend hours a month in a gun range he is a highly trained former street cop, county sheriff, and maximum security prison guard.
He has arrived on many crime scenes where the use or attempted use of a gun did not go down as smooth as a scene from a John Wick movie.
In this demonstration, he illustrates the serious challenges of relying on a firearm for self-defense.
[bctt tweet=”In this demonstration, Chris Sutton illustrates the serious challenges of relying on a firearm for self-defense.”]
NOTE: No demo in the COBRA-Defense system is EVER rehearsed. We always pull a stranger from the audience/class and see how things play out naturally rather than a fake fight and fake responses.
Also, notice Chris is not using any special physical skills. 90% of the COBRA curriculum are mental strategies, understanding, and planning. The other 10% are skills you have to use if your prevention measures are breached.
What do you think? Please share and comment.
* Maybe that’s why my new book is titled, Unarmed and Dangerous.