How to connect with your current students and attract new students when your martial arts school reopens post COVID-19.
3:40 Shoot video message to inform and invite your students back
4:00 New class structure
4:55 Attire for students
6:00 Curriculum Upgrade Overview
6:15 Update Waiver
6:40 Update Schedule for social distancing
7:30 Solution for schedule
9:00 Advanced Technique
10:15 Be the upbeat leader
11:00 Curriculum overview
15:00 Kata for repetition?
Be Part of the Show!
Submit a comment or question and Mr. Graden will play it and respond on the next episode.
11. John Graden: A Plan for Reopening Your Martial Arts School
10. Chris Sutton: Do Martial Arts Really Work for Law Enforcement?
9. Mike Anderson Part 1
8. Jim King: How to Run a Successful Martial Arts Summer Camp
7. Chris Sutton: What Qualifies You to Teach Self-Defense?
6. Dale Willerton: Rent Assistance During the Pandemic
5. Brian Tracy: Why Curriculum is Critical to Your Martial Arts School Success
4. Brian Tracy: What Adults Want in a Martial Arts School
3. Tony Robbins: The Five Strategies to Create a Happy and Successful Life
2. Tony Robbins: How Martial Arts Can Be Used To Combat Procrastination
1. Tony Robbins: How to Use Martial Arts to Create a More Successful Life
Proud to host some of the greatest teachers and leaders in and outside the martial arts world.
The Martial Arts Teacher of Teachers John Graden is the host of The Truth About the Martial Arts Business and founder of NAPMA and the Martial Arts Teachers’ Association (MATA).
A black belt under the late Jhoon Rhee, Tony Robbins views martial arts as an excellent way to improve your life or a poor excuse not to.
Master Martial Artist
Dubbed the “Muhammad Ali” of sport karate, Joe Lewis won more titles in his 17-year fighting career than any other tournament fighter.
Brian Tracy is a mentor of John Graden’s. Brian credits much of his self-discipline and drive to the principles he learned as a martial arts student and instructor.
The police commissioner during the 9/11 attacks, Bernard Kerik began his taekwondo training at 14 and has traveled the world to improve his skills.
The Truth About the Martial Arts Business Podcast
Learn the hard truth about the martial arts business from the man who led the industry into the modern era.
Join the martial arts Teacher of Teachers, John Graden as he explores important and controversial questions about martial arts instructors, schools and the business.
In this hard hitting podcast, he pulls back the curtain to reveal The Truth About the Martial Arts Business.
John Graden challenges conventional tradition and the mindless acceptance of some of the outlandish theories associated with the martial arts.
Widely credited with leading the martial arts school business into the modern age, John Graden was first called a visionary by MASuccess editor, John Corcoran. Also a world champion kickboxer, John was dubbed the martial arts Teacher of Teachers by Martial Arts World magazine.
John is also the author of many of the best selling books on martial arts business and personal development.
Now the Executive Director of the Martial Arts Teachers’ Association (MATA), John’s bold leadership has landed him on the Dr. Oz Show, the Wall Street Journal, the A&E Network and many more international media platforms along with many small podcasts that only his wife listened to.
A Tampa Bay, FL resident, John Graden is married with two children.
The Martial Arts Teachers Association (MATA)
MATA is a professional association for martial arts school owners and instructors. It offers the leading course on martial arts instructor certification (MATACertification) and rank advancement (MATARank).
Members have access to a massive library of professionally designed marketing materials in the Marketing Downloads section.
Other sections include:
- Martial Arts Summer Camp
- Martial Arts After School
- Planning Your Martial Arts School
- Staffing Your Martial Arts School
- Financial Control
- Interviews & Courses
- Facebook Marketing for Your Martial Arts School
- Online Marketing for Your Martial Arts School
- Pro-shop Sales for Your Martial Arts School
- Curriculum Concepts Your Martial Arts School