- DCF Worker Attacked While Trying to Rescue Child.
- 11 Area Day Cares Have Violated DCF Transportation Protocol.
- Westside Ends Popular After-School Program.
- After-School Operator Say Rules “Unfair.” Authorities Say Otherwise.
- DCF Accused of Phoning it in.
- 9 Investigates: DCF daycare exemptions in Florida
As you can see from this handful of recent headlines, the DCF and similar agencies have full plates. Compared to the child abuse and abduction cases they typically have to deal with, after-school programs have not been high on their radar.
However, now that a high profile, non-compliant after-school program in Tampa, Florida shut down, DCF seems to have grown a new set of teeth.
Schools that were following the same operating plan as the Tampa program have been hit with cease and desist orders in at least California and Florida, that we know of.
Why would the authorities in other states suddenly get busy with investigations? How hard would it be now for a school owner to drop stress bombs and legal bills on a competitor by placing an anonymous call to DCF claiming that, the “school down the street” is using the same after-school business system that got shut down in Tampa?
Would you pay a martial arts school business “expert” big bucks if he has only been in business three years and can’t even make that work?
Before signing on with any self-proclaimed after-school guru organization, make sure:
- They have at least a decade of successfully operating their own after-school program. Duh!
- They will not take your money before contacting the authorities in your state to make sure “the plan” is compliant as the FIRST STEP.
- They have 25+ years of personally operating a compliant after-school program.
- They have helped hundreds, if not thousands of school owners launch and operate successful, COMPLIANT after-school programs while operating their own at the same time.
- They have decades of experience in DCF offices, on the phone, and in the courtroom fighting for after-school owners.
- They are aligned with a group with a long-term reputation for honesty and leadership.
If you are interested in launching a profitable, compliant after-school program, be sure to mark your calendars for Thursday, November 2nd at 2 pm EST for a webinar on, “The Truth About the After-School Business” with John Graden, Jim King, and Tim McCahan.