Just like the rules for what is martial arts have changed, so has the insurance coverage for martial arts schools or more specifically, martial arts programs.
As an example, your karate school with 200 kids may be covered by liability insurance. However, the same school may offer an MMA class that is NOT covered.
To help you make sure you have the right liability insurance coverage, here is a sampling of what May or May Not be covered by your insurance company.
What programs are usually covered by martial arts school insurance?
- Karate Schools
- Kung Fu
- Tae Kwon Do
- Fitness Kickboxing
- Fitness Boxing
- Self-Defense (with fake weapons)
What programs are may not be covered by martial arts school insurance?
- Any program with Live Bladed Weapons
- Any program with Firearms
- Concealed Firearm Classes
- Full Contact Kick Boxing
- Full Contact Boxing
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Submission Fighting
- Cage Fighting (Just having a cage in your school can disqualify you)