As martial artists, video is an ideal medium for us. How many businesses are as exciting to watch as martial arts? Accounting? Lawn mowing? Painting?
People would rather spend 1-3 minutes watching a video than taking 10-20 minutes reading text. Video marketing is huge and incredibly powerful for establishing expert status in your area as well as connecting with your local prospects.
Online video is the next biggest thing in Internet Marketing – if it isn’t already. The same thing happened with TV commercials back in the days of black and white.
However, TV commercials are no where near as effective as online marketing methods anymore.
Here are 5 main benefits of online videos:
- · Help You Develop Expert Status
- · Help You Engage Website Visitors & Increases Conversions
- · Help You Increase Website Traffic
- · They Run on 24/7 on Auto-pilot
- · They Set You Apart from Your Competitors
Most people spend a lot of time watching videos while surfing the web and it is not just kids.
- Video marketing will help increase traffic to your website so you should get amazing results by combining the both them together.
- Using video allows you to communicate the important points you want to get over to your target audience in very little time.
- Not only can you place video on your website for your visitors to see, but you can also distribute them all over the Internet for maxi- mum exposure.
- Your videos can be optimized to rank high in the search engines – giving your business immediate exposure to potential customers.
- Imagine someone in your local area doing a Google search for martial arts, and your video pops up.
- Do you think they’ll click on it? Of course they will. They are already interested in what you offer. That’s why they searched for the keywords you are using. That is marketing without marketing.
- Videos get much more attention than most forms of online media, which explains why it’s a “must-have” if you really want to connect with your existing and potential customers.
- Online videos also make it easy to place a link and/or strong call to action at the end of your video, so you can sell even more.
- 1. The attention span of a visitor to your site is measured in seconds. Studies show that viewers start to leave at the ten-second mark. That could be good or bad.
- If they have no interest in your topic, it makes no difference. However, if they are interested and you fail to hold their attention, you need to work on that.
- Visitors make instant decisions about how interesting and professional you are based upon your website. A good video can go a long way to improve that impression.
- Users have the tendency to browse and skip through information. That’s why your video has to be short and enticing.
- 2. Video creates a free source of traffic to your website. All that you need are short 30 – 90 second highly optimized videos and get them onto YouTube.
- 3. Video is easy to share. From “Like” to “Sharing” to “Embed,” people can easily spread the word about your practice. Guess what? If your video is posted on YouTube, you get a view credit from all the views —even those off of YouTube, because a visitor shared it.
- 4. Once it’s out there, it is out there. Put your best foot forward with your video.
- 5. Every time your video is picked up and placed on a new site, your links go with it. That means other websites are increasing your back links for free and with no effort from you.
- For instance, each morning I get a Google alert for John Graden. Virtually every one of them has a new link to a video. Today’s video was shot and posted on YouTube.com over four years ago, but it was just posted on a certain blog site.
- What’s more interesting, my link was there, and within 24 hours there were over 20 comments. I have videos with millions of views and have been stopped twice by strangers saying, “You’re the karate guy on YouTube.”
- I’ve also had dozens of media hits, because when the media researches martial arts, my videos are everywhere with massive views. Hence, I must be the expert.
- 6. When prospects find your website, they might Google your name. When dozens or hundreds of pages of your videos, articles, and media releases show up, it’s clear you are a leader in your field.
- 7. Make sure the strongest light is behind the camera and not behind the subject, or you will be back lit and the subject will get really dark.
- 8. When possible use an external microphone to make the audio clear. Using the camera’s mic picks up all sounds from around the camera which muddles the sound from the subject.
- 9. Shoot only material that will attract people to your practice. Your personal history, bio, or politics may be a turnoff. Keep the spotlight on the clients’ needs.
- 10. Follow a similar format to your initial consultation, or pick a common concern clients have and help them overcome it.
- 11. Put your best stuff first. If you don’t grab them in 20 seconds, they will click away.
- Video allows you to communicate the important points you want to get over to your target audience in very little time.
- About 90% of people watching a video they find interesting will the share video with their friends. That is additional exposure for your business – with no additional efforts on your part.
- There are several different styles of video that can be used and in order to really capitalize on them, you should try different versions.
- Here’s a short list to get your creative juices flowing:
- Create a Welcome Message for Your Website
- This was covered with an example in an earlier chapter, but to recap, a video will allow you to introduce yourself and your prod- ucts/services to your website visitors.
- You can even do a tour of your business facilities to give your audience an “insider view” of your business. They will warm-up to you and start to feel like they already know you.
- Create How To Videos
- This will allow you to impress your target audience by giving them valuable information that they can use.
- Create Interview Style Videos
- This will allow your visitors to learn even more about you and your business. Use the interview to answer some of the questions that your potential market would have when it comes to your industry.
- You can have your staff interview you or you can interview your staff–whatever makes sense for your business.
- Create 30 – 60 second Commercials
- This will allow you to sell your product or service online 24/7 on complete auto-pilot. Similar to TV commercials, online video commercials can be used to quickly promote your product or service.
- Video Testimonials
- Letting your happy clients sell you is marketing with marketing gold. This provides “social proof ” using the power of video. Show- ing live video coverage of one of your happy customers will boost interest and action in your business.